View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #1453
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Leak, leak ? The only leak here is pulling off the side of the highway to take a leak...

Don't pee off the highway here in CA, Bruce... The hippies don't want you leaking on Elderberry Beatles or something, lol.

It does not seem to be a problem when they are new. They seem to have a shorter fatigue life under stress. They can handle WAY more power, but it seems that longer term high stress and harmonics weaken them. I know that in the turbine boats we use chromoly too. This is just the 'ol <.02
I trust Chris completely for steering you in the right directions.

So - unless you're going to make a habit of replacing CF-composite components, they are less than desirable in the long-term, cost-wise? I believe chromoly is similar in that way, too, but at a much longer interval, no? Please set me straight

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote