View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 01:28 PM   #17
Chris_B

Drives: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik@Torq View Post
Speaking of Mclaren, that is one sick car right there. I saw a test version at The Ring when I was there racing last summer and it sounded phenomenal. The 458 is no slouch though but numbers alone I don't see why that Mclaren should walk that Pizza racer in a flash

/Erik
The latest McLaren is really unbelievable. A good friend of mine designed the brake system (AP Racing) and air brake. He has spent time in many of the rarest, highest-level supercars and thought this new one was the best he's driven. I've poured all over this car and cannot believe they can sell it for less than $250k. 5 years ago, it would have cost $350+k to build.

Unofficially, I'm hearing a 'Ring time of 7:00! I don't know if that was on street tires or not, so it will be very interesting to see what times they officially release.

Just think, this is the first of 5 cars. The next one is the F1 replacement (probably $1.2-1.5M), gunning right for the Veryon SS, Koenigsegg and the new Pagani. Then we get a 911 Turbo fighter for probably less than $150k. Maybe a sport sedan after that?