View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 08:48 PM   #2
CamaroUser

Drives: TrailBlazerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy02 View Post
I talked to a friend today whose cousin works in Detroit as one of GMs "core designers". The way he explained it to me was that GM has a team of 200 plus designers, and less then half that carry the title of "core" designers.

I was skeptical at first as I'm sure all of you are, until he pulled up several emails. One was dated November 2004, one was dated March 2005, then there were several others of which the date I did not note. I cant recall which email it was, but it was either the November 04, or the March 05 that contained the first clay model concept of the 2010 Camaro. He has also been involved in the designing of the Chevy Volt.

Having said that, you can choose whether to believe me or not. It doesn't matter to me.

He said that right now at GM they want to make the title SuperSport live up to its name. They are talking about raising prices on the SS in the next TWO YEARS and making them more powerful. I know, I know...it seemed ludacris to me, too, but I couldnt help but believe him after seeing those emails. Apparantly there is no talk, amongst the designers at least, of a more powerful Camaro being badged a Z28.

On another note, he says there is NO talk of a turbo 4 cylinder or a more powerful 6 cylinder, either. Only talk of a supercharged 8 cylinder still being called a SuperSport.
Those emails are all pre-new CAFE rules and pre-bankruptcy. A lot has changed for Chevrolet in the last few months.