View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 11:46 PM   #97
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by scritchy View Post
I don't know the differences, or I would tell you, but it could be something as simple as increasing the number of channels available or not as simple as the way it is interfaced into the bus.

It doesn't sound like you work with these types of systems for a living, so I can overlook your naive belief in the excuses being put forth regarding hardware. This sytem runs software using the hardware, and anyone who creates software knows that there are an infinite number of ways that software can be created to make up for deficient hardware.

Do you REALLY think that the TI-84 calculator was designed to be able to play "DOOM"? Clever people modified the software to work on a lowly graphing calculator. Clearly, this is something the hardware was never designed to do. Yet it does it reasonably well.

I mention this because it flies in the face of the "needs hardware to work" argument. I still believe that it works with our cars but they have decided not to support them for some reason.

Quote:
I seriously feel sorry for you if you think a large number of people are out to screw you over.
Why do you feel sorry for me because I'm paying attention? I feel sorry for people who haven't figured out how badly they are being screwed each and every day (and their kids and grandkids are getting screwed before they are even born!)