View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 10:13 AM   #28
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by 572HP View Post
Thanks Jeff,
I would like to know from your technical department if there is any technical reason why I should not turn this off. I mean, is it going to break anything if this is disabled? I would also like to know if GM is not allowed to turn this off because of some political factor such as MPG ratings. We just need a little help here. These are awesome cars, but we are seeing people trade their cars and probably not buying camaros due to this one feature alone. I'd appreciate if you looked into some type of solution.
Unfortunately I don't have any information whether from my technical department or my other resources on whether or not tuning this system out would negatively affect the rest of the vehicle. I am also not sure why this feature is inculded with the vehicle. Also to answer another question that you have, AFM should deactivate if you put the vehicle into manual mode (either Sports mode or Tap-shift). Once you put the vehicle back into D mode the AFM system would then re-activate and act upon your vehicle normally. I hope that helps to answer some of your questions.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote