View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 11:37 AM   #205
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by 572HP View Post
I have been working very hard for several weeks to get the car ready for camaro fest. As many of you know, we've been working on custom full color (rgb) LED lighting controllers. When I say "we", it means myself, my 16 yr-old son, my wife, and my 12 yr-old son. I am a software engineer by trade, and have a degree in electrical engineering. I always wanted to work with the hardware side, so this has been my opportunity. My 16 yr-old son is going to be an amazing engineer himself. Actually...he already is! We make a great team, and I have really enjoyed working with him on this huge project.

Last September we created some prototype controllers that controlled the ambient lighting in the doors, and also controlled the ambient lighting that we added to the dash. We showed this off to a few people at Pony Wars. It consisted of a main controller under the dash that controlled the ambient lighting across the dash. This module also included a wifi hotspot so that we could control it from a smartphone. The main module talked to each of the door controllers via radio signals. So no running wires through the door wiring harness. The door modules are as easy as unclipping the ambient lighting two-wire connector and plugging in our new module in its place.

Fast forward almost a year...and we have expanded the lineup with 3 more controllers. One controls the front-end lights. This module controls the rgb halos, the driving lights, and white lights that go in with the turn signals. We also have an engine-bay module, and an undercarriage module. All of these get radio signals from the cabin controller.

We have a full-blown iPad app, and a slimmed-down iPhone app. My 16 yr-old son did all of this work.

I am so proud of the man he is becoming. He has also helped me tremendously on the hardware design and prototype construction.

We look forward to unveiling our work at camaro fest. Please be sure to visit the main host hotel in the evenings for a demonstration.

Thats Awesome!

How did you get your reverse lights white? Do they still work?