Old 12-11-2009, 10:14 AM   #17
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
lol, remember the comment about "touchy issue?"

Personally i would consider the Z/28 a rebadged CTS-V because it would be 2-door, same engine, roughly same deminsions, very likely the same transmission, i mean yeah the platform may be different but how different is it really? looking at the two you'd probly never know the difference
so... are these rebadged?

they both share the same drivetrain and are about the same size

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
Now as for "weaker internals" i did mean "weaker" not weak itself, ive heard about the testing and yeah its impressive, but some still preffer those better parts...and yeah the LS7 doesnt have all the bells and whistles the LS9 has but its got a lot more in the way of that kinda stuff than the LSA

some people do still prefer "better" parts. but there arent enough of them to buy the car to make it feasible. the camaro isnt just made to be powerful, its made to last and keep the cost low.

Do I want an LS7 Z28? no. if anything for a n/a motor, I'd love for GM to do LSX packages. 440LSX, 454LSX, 436LSX, hell, they could even make the damn thing carbureted.

the LS7, LS9 and LSA all have a lot of innovative features, however, it is not easy to mount and route a dry sump oiling system in the camaro. ask hennessey.

Also ive heard everyone talking about the cost of the LS9, well how can we really set a price? All people are going by is the ZR1's price which, aside from the fact that there's so many carbon fiber and extra performance components, it was still a legendary car as soon as it hit the showroom floor, not to mention the cream of the crop of GM's crowned king of the crop, of course it'd be extremely expensive...does that make the engine horribly expensive? Not necessarily.

you can buy a crate LS9 for around 20-25k. that being said, take 20k. add it to the MSRP of the SS and you are already looking at past 50k for the car, plus you will need an upgraded drivetrain to deal with the power, so lets add some more in, granted, you can cut some of that cost down by subtracting the price of the LS3 and SS level transmissions. but then factor in the redesign of the engine bay to facilitate the dry sump oiling system and now youve got to change the entire build of the car to fit that engine.

Do I want it? yes. will it happen from the factory? no.

The COPO comment was just proving putting the #1 Corvette engine in a productin Camaro has been more than considered before, its been carried out (also wasnt the 1LE the same way? Im not sure on that though)

Really the big thing that has come to light for me is the warrenty issue

warranty is the big kicker as well. and I can tell you that the LSA is on hell of a motor. gm tests the living balls out of these motors. try going WOT for a week or two straight.... ~7300+rpm with no problems.

LSA will most likely be going into the car, unless they can get the Gen V motors out the door now.

my personal choice over the LSA?

440LSX.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote