View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 02:29 PM   #23
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavrun2000 View Post
I don't think they are going to do much in terms of weight savings. That would mean that they would have to have special parts made specifically for the Z28 and this will just make cost go up even more. With some of the ideas that are being thrown out here (weight reductions & LS9) the Z28 may be comparable to the GT500 performance wise, but it will be far more expensive.
the aftermarket is already making some good light weight parts and better suspension componets. not too many custom parts need to be made. just ordered.

lol. wow sorry I still don't see how you think it's going to be so much more then the GT500. maybe after markups that some dealers like to charge. but the same crap was said about the camaro before it came out with the LS3. it's going to be too expensive if they put that motor in there. . .where did they price it? again I still think it will be a hair more then the GT500. and that's because of the performance premium. if I've learned something about chevy with the 4th gens and now the 5th gens. they don't like to come in second when it comes to performance against the stang.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote