View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 10:02 AM   #1005
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
IDEALG,

I have the SS and have been to the drag strip twice. Each time I've gone, first with about 425hp and second time with about 450hp, the clutch pedal will pull to the floor on launch when the car is warm.

The only time the clutch pedal will not pull to the floor and stay is if I let the car cool for about 30-40 minutes upon getting to the drag strip and in-between passes. I cannot hot lap even once.

My car only has 14XXX miles on it and I believe that the brake fluid has never been changed. My car now has 465hp. I believe that the problem is obviously not the clutch although I will probably change the clutch sometime soon.

Where would you start in order to get this problem fixed? Get a GTO Reservoir and switch to DOT4 Fluid? Get the GTO reservoir, DOT4 fluid, and get one of your master cylinders, or do I just need to wait it out and splurge for a new clutch?

I don't want to purchase something I don't need, but I do want to make sure the clutch pedal doesn't pull to the floor, stick to the floor, or get all mushy after a pass.

Thanks for the help!

2010 SS M6 | 416 CI | H/C/I | GPI TUNED | SNSSTR
SNSSTR is offline   Reply With Quote