View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 02:48 PM   #19
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattderk View Post
Did you have any mods ? I have the same issue and dealer is denying to cover due to camshaft and pcm tune.
I'd push the issue and ask for a diagnosis. Technically, if it is a defective oil pump - it should be covered. If it is damage caused by your modifications, then it should not be covered. Seeing how there is a bulletin, and an ass load of oil pump failures on Camaros.... one might logically at least think a factory defect is possible. The - calibration police - though will turn a blind eye to any such possibility and void your warranty without even investigating/diagnosing.

The trouble is finding someone that knows how to read the actual warranty book and M/M Act. The FTC has clearly interpretted the M/M Act as meaning - the warranty cannot be voided for aftermarket parts, and to deny warranty coverage the manufacturer has to show how the aftermarket part caused the failure.

What they will show you is a theory, and the door. Then when you take the pump out yourself on your own dollar - the mtherfcking pressure relief valve will be stuck. I'd love to hear an explanation of how a calibration change caused an oil pump to fail. But they've gone with that arguement on many occasions.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote