View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 12:44 PM   #25
DINGO

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Finally got my car to the dealer...i will keep you all posted.

Call "GM Road side" at around 9:30AM yesterday. Requested a "flat bed". They replied we always send flat bed tow trucks for Camaro's.
Well doesn't the first tow truck show up and isn't a flat bed. The drivers comment was "your going to need a flat bed"...LOL then the driver leaves. The tow company didnt have a flat bed. So instead of calling "GM Road Side" back, they decided to send a regular truck..
So "GM Road Side" calls another company. Requests a "flat bed" , that truck doesn't even show up....
So, now its 1:00PM and my car is still sitting there.
The dealer gave a call to "GM Road Side" asking what happened and if my car is going to be towed today. "GM Road side" response was that the second truck showed up and said my car was to low and couldn't "flat bed" it.
so the next question from the dealer was when would the truck be there to pick it up? the response was "they are not sure", "it could be acouple hours".
So, the dealer called the company they use. My car showed up on the "flat bed" 1 1/2hours later.
So by the time the dealer got done with "GM road side" and had my car picked up. it was 4:00PM when it pulled into the shop.
During this 6 1/2 hour ordeal. i never once got a call from "GM Road Side" and neither did the dealer.
The dealership said i could have had my car back by Saturday morning if they got the car on time. They didn't, so i dont have my car till Tuesday. This on a long weekend.
Because of "GM road side" totally 100% droping the ball. GM has to pay 4 days of rental car fees and im without my car due to stupidty.
The dearship personnel are excellent people. they handled my frustration very well. Also keeping me in good spirts while i was waiting.
I am 100% disappionted with the way GM handled this. I had to get on my cell phone to call "GM Road side" myself. Not once did they try and contact me.
I hope other GM owners are not treaded this way.
I will post pictures of my car on the "flat bed". so that the other tow company can see and train thier staff properly. Also, GM needs to be more careful what tow companies they use. The tow companies are an extention of GM itself. When "bob's towing" shows up, i called "GM road side" so even if its says "bob's". It's still GM providing the service.
I hope the rep's at GM get back to me like i requested on the phone. I asked for something in writing to say sorry for this matter.
This is unexceptable, i wasted 1 whole work day trying to get a "tow". Also a great weekend for my Camaro to hit the open road.

Thanks again to the staff at the dealer ship. Without thier help, i would have pulled all my hair out...
DINGO is offline   Reply With Quote