View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #77
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopruitt View Post
Hey all,I just purchased that very Camaro in the above video.
I have been lurking Camaro and Mustang sites to determine which car I wanted to buy since I like (and wanted both). I had no experience with either of these cars and wanted the one that suited me best. Based on the online reviews, I purchased the 2012 Mustang V6 with the "Pony Pkg".

Unfortunately the Mustang we purchased wasn't in stock and had to be picked up the next day so My wife and I mosied over to O'Connel Chevrolet to see the car we didn't choose. The salesman showed me the 2012 Camaro in the video that had just been delivered. I took it for a test drive and was thinking to myself, uh oh I made a mistake. I like this one better.
My wife and I went back to the Ford Dealership and cancelled the sale.

To me the power, interior and driveabilty between the two cars were negligible, but the body styling and "Cool Factor" went to the Camaro by an insurmountable margin. So, while the online reviews appear to favor the Mustang over the Camaro (I still haven't seen any definative comparisons between similar 2012 V6 models though), my own personal seat of the pants review favors the Camaro by a narrow margin.

Thanks for the read
Tony
Welcome Tony!

Congrats on the purchase, and thanks for the insight!

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote