View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 09:49 AM   #9
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
This thread is not meant to offend anyone but I am so freaking tired of the complaints. its late Im not buying a a BK car Im tired of waiting. I want a differewnt gas cap. !Those lights suck!! WAH! my dealer is chargeing me over MSRP so its GM'S fault. I waited for 6 months so I giving up on the last few weeks before its delivered and buying another car

Come on people! In 2002 this car was gone now its back better then ever. So can all the complaining please stop? Who is with me?

We as North Americans have become so accepting of poor service, poor communication and poor product that it has really impacted our ability to improve how we do business.

No longer is there a strive to do things better, but rather a movement to just be quiet and accept things as they are because "they know better". Well they don't know better - you just need to compare a companies results against any of it's competition that faces the exact same challenges that they do.

When you have companies or people that do not admit fault when due, you have companies and people who are not open to suggestions, change or improvement.

Yes there are a lot of complaints right now but for very different reasons.Allow me to elaborate on a few:

Early VIN cars -

Nobody thinks that the activity of holding a car back is wrong but when you have someone like Trent who's car was built 46 days ago and there is still no trace of it, you have to ask yourself, what are they doing and how are they managing it? Are they replacing the entire car piece by piece? Let's not forget something here - it took Oshawa 4 days to build it!

But I guess you don't feel that this is a blatant internal problem...

R6P cars (Pre-production orders) -

GM's most loyal customers put their money down on a car they hadn't seen and/or driven. Why did they do that? Well many reasons but the important thing to get here is that they had faith. They had faith in the car being a wonderful product (which it is). They had faith in believing that GM would value their committment above any other customer.

This was not to be the case. GM felt it necessary to build a bunch of dealer cars which were to be used to promote the car at dealerships. If someone wanted to go look at a car and drive it, one would be available at any Chevrolet dealership they went to. What a fantastic concept! Finally, some good marketing and sales initiative. Some early buyers were upset about that but most thought it was a great idea because we all want this car to be a success.

Then GM decided to build AVIS cars before R6P orders because someone at GM decided it was a great way to have more people test drive the car. Many early order people had a problem with that but they lived with it and did not complain.

Now we come to find out that GM will not build the cars according to the date the car was ordered which means everyone who made a comittment to GM early, does not get any benefit or acknowledgement. Yes this will cause people to have to wait longer but the waiting is not the upsetting thing, it's the queue jumping that is what is upsetting. Perhaps you don't understand the relevance here.

Maybe you don't see the implications of someone walking into a dealership tomorrow and buying one of the cars that was supposedly for a dealership to use as a demo car. Maybe you don't see how someone considering a GM truck or a Cadillac will look at GM's decision to build unsold cars for dealers before enthusiasts will cause him to shop elsewhere.

GM had a great opportunity to use this as a marketing tool. Making a public statement about putting this product into the hands of those who had faith in this car before they were even saw it, goes far in the eyes of the public when evaluating a companies character.

Aside from constraints, there is no reason published or otherwise for GM not to commit to all those who originally ordered early. If you want a new Camaro, great! THE LINE STARTS WAY BACK THERE. If you don't think there is justification for R6P owners to be a tad miffed when GM openly condones this practice, then you need to rethink about what kind of society you want to live in.