View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 10:22 PM   #1
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
I want a new clutch, you too????? Sign here

It may not be too much to ask, I went to the camarofest, and on my first and only run down the drag strip, my camaro embarrased me. I had turned off the competition mode and the traction control. I did a fairly agressive launch, thought my wheels were spinning for the first 25 feet. I looked down and saw my clutch pedal was stuck half way down. I let off the gas and cycled the clutch petal and it returned to normal and I finished the run but I was not about to try it again. I have never been tough on my Camaro and have never tried a aggressive launch before, I like to take care of my baby and make the tires last. My clutch is now rough feeling when I start out easy now. It occured to me on the way home, what if an emergency situation came up and you needed to get out of the way quickly from a dead stop???? I am home now, in my garage I can still smell my stinky clutch. I am going to the dealer on Monday to see if I can't get a decent replacement. :(

April 23,2010
AS Requested: Rather than hunt through pages of posts trying to find what you need to do if you have experienced a half engaged clutch pedal, I will post it right here.

#1 Go to your dealer and get them to acess your car.

#2 If they are going to remedy the problem, it will be using a new redesigned pressure plate kit, part # 24255748. This will be the clutch and the pressure plate. That is the part number you will want to see that is being installed.

#3 Time is of the essence, you need to take care of this ASAP. I have heard a cut off warranty for a clutch is 10,000 miles, I also heard 12,000. I don't know which is correct, but you need to get your car to the dealer.

Note: my car had 3000 miles when I took mine in, they checked the ECM, looked for intentional abuse (worn tires, rubber in the wheelwells) they looked at remaing clutch thickness, major modifications. All this went into play before GM agreed to warrant the issue. The dealer service tech noted my flywheel showed traces of blue and replaced that as well. My Camaro clutch pedal feels stiffer now and clutch engagement is positive. Is it fixed???? I can only say it feels good starting off easy and getting on it in later gears. A semi agressive launch... I have not tried it yet, I want it broke in somewhat before I do. But when I do, I will post it here, fingers crossed..... Post 51 had some good info too. TJ http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=78079&page=3

July28th,2010
With 500 easy miles on the new pressure plate, clutch, and flywheel I deceided
to give it a go.... Traction and stability off, I launched from a stand still only to see the pedal stick near the floor, this time I was ready and watching and quickly got off the gas, cycled the clutch and it popped back up. I took it to the dealer service dept. They say it needs a slave/ master brake cylinder, parts on order. To be continued....

Aug 20th, 2010
Back out of the shop today!!!!!

They replaced the clutch slave cylinder/ brake reservoir cylinder and the clutch actuator. On the way home, I had to know, will it take off semi aggressive????
I stopped on a section of 2 lane with no one in sight, reved up slighty above normal and eased the clutch out. Barked both tires and it launched thru a couple gears just like I expect it to. No sticking clutch pedal and thats all I really care about, should be a done deal with my issue. The clutch pedal tension is much greater than I have ever experienced before. Thanks to GM and my dealer service dept to make my Camaro take off like a high performance car should.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F

Last edited by tjbusa; 09-29-2010 at 06:14 PM. Reason: updated
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote