View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 04:48 PM   #12
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
There are TONS of video's on youtube that explain and show everything you wanted to know about detailing. Just look for a reputable company or person. Adams has great vids as do most detailing sites. Autogeek, Autopia, Detailers Domain, and Chemical guys are also great places to find what you might need. For claying, any Walmart or auto parts store is going to have a clay kit. Meguiars and Mothers are the ones I see the most. Either is fine and they come with detail spray/clay lubricant in the kit. Keep in mind that a single claybar will do your car a couple of times, depending on how dirty it is when you clay. Most recommendations in here will involve you ordering stuff online. They will be good recommendations but this can get expensive. You can get decent OTC products from Meguiars (ultimate), Mothers, and Turtle (black Ice) but there are much better options if plan to keep your car looking it's best. For the everyday guy that's not that concerned with keeping their car looking great, the products mentioned above will do just fine. If you want to get into the higher end products, CamaroDreams has a pretty nice list of his favs.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275418
well said - what ever product you choose, there is something for years when I was "just waxing" that I did not understand until I was schooled by a good detailer. I learned to get the surface as glossy and final as you want it before the wax/sealant, the wax is just the protectant. I never really looked at it that way, I thought the wax was the thing that made it glossy. No, it's in the prep. Clay and polish is the key to a good long lasting detailing job, and that's pretty easy with a new car.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote