View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #28
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Derek is on the right track. The solution we use on both is to expensive adding $2900 (6 separate conventional injectors, 2 fuel railes, modified plenum cover, and ZL1 lift pump tapping into pre HPDI pump all contorlled by a touch screen standalone controller), but it lets us program each injector's delivery as well as only using them when we reach a certain A/F ratio or boost (or other applicable data feed) and that allows in theory to support up to 700-900hp as far as the fuel delivery.

The LLT IM does not distribute equally to each cylinder when it is fuel introduced in the intake tube like we did with a meth system, so the rearmost cylinders did not get the same fuel delivery as the front sets.....but controlling each injector to its coresponding port allows us to. Just pricey.

I think Dereks will be much more affordable.
Don't know how cheap it is going to be just yet, but it will allow you to direct fuel and N20 into each cylinder. We are going to try a RPM scaling system like the old fuel enrichment systems did, so not quite as complicated as Tracy's system. It is sort of a hybrid system.

Dropped the car off this morning for them to start fitting it next week. Aaron promises he'll send me photos as it progresses, but sometimes he gets so caught up in the work he forgets.

This should sit right under the IM and you will tap into the schrader valve for additional fuel. So, if you go big power you will need to make sure you can lift enough fuel for both the HPFP and this system. Guess what I'm saying is that it may end up cheaper than Tracy's multiport injector system, but it will be quite a bit more than buying a nitrous plate.