View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 09:06 AM   #23
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I think this is actually going to be a valid test on the basis of simplicity. It will show "If I bolt this thing in what will it do immediately". This is the worst case scenario of what it will do, as you pointed out the ECM is going to make adjustments over time which would improve the results.

So whatever units are tested, the results will show the immediate gains relative to one another, and for certain units the results may improve over time but at least people will know what the minimum improvement will be.
I don't care what happens immediately. I care about how it will perform in the long run. I want to see how performance changes after the ECU has adjusted over time. One unit may perform better than another 5 minutes into testing, but after 100 miles you may have a completely different story. I don't know about you, but I prefer the latter.

Ted, thanks for doing this. I hope most of the vendors participate. Being as detailed as you are, I'm sure you'll be documenting the entire testing process and trying your best to keep all conditions the same for all tests.

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote