View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 10:56 PM   #12
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
OK Let me address a few things;

1. As for being a "true" Jr. fan, I guess you got me there 'Killer74Z28'. I think I was, and still am, such a HUGE fan of his father, that anyone else would never live up to 'The Intimidator' in my eyes. IMO, Dale Sr. was the greatest, not only on the track, but in the person he was.

2. As for NASCAR. Once they made the big TV deal with FOX, NBC, and now ESPN, the ruination of the sport began. Trying to appeal to the masses, while forgetting the fans that helped make NASCAR so popular was a mistake IMO. Also, the TV coverage, particularly FOX, is terrible! Darrell Waltrip should be bound and gagged. And the ridiculous pre-race shows...they become more ridiculous each week. The constant "MTV" intro's to commercials....that time could be devoted to actual race coverage.

I heard a caller on 'Wind Tunnel' this past Sunday, who thanked David Hobbs and Bob Varsha (who cover F1) for not "dumbing down" their coverage of the race. So true. THAT is what race coverage should be. FOX and NBC treat the viewer like they're idiots.

I'm ranting, and could go on and on why NASCAR is starting to lose its appeal, etc., but I won't. Apologies for my babbling.

Here's to the Intimidator!

I agree with everything Moose said... I will always be a Jr. fan at heart I suppose, but I guess we are just going to have to see how this is all going to pan out. Maybe after a year with Hendrick he'll decide he should be somewhere else? Richard Childress perhaps I can hope anyway...

But I absolutely do NOT have it in my heart to boast any kind of liking for Jeff Gordon. I come closer to liking Jimmy Johnson than Jeff just because Jimmy beat Jeff in a race not long ago (sorry I cant remember exactly which... one of the many Hendrick has won... oh wait thats about 96% this year). Instead of Jeff being happy that the car he owned half of won, he was b!tching and whining because Jimmy didn't let him by. I was glad Jimmy stood his ground.

I wish I raced NASCAR. I would be Tony Stewart with boobs! I would give NASCAR hell, no matter what it got me, and I wouldn't take any shit on the track. Not to mention I'd be after Jeff every chance I got... hahaha! :middlefinger: