Thread: GOD HATES ME
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 08:08 AM   #60
OverZeaLouS

Drives: 17 Camaro 2SS & 16 acura TLX
The op has issues with the god hates me comment. This is only a car. It could be worse. Something can hapeen to your family... or are material objects more important than human lives???
Anyway, it seems like the clearcoat on these cars seem to grab on to dirt, insects and other garbage really easily. I just rented a blue on gray 2ss. Its sitting in the driveway. It was clean when I drove it out of hertz. I come home... now I'm rubbing off insect particles from the grille. And its not easy to remove. The cheap plastic grille makes it harder than if it were an aluminum grille.

I would invest in billet aluminum if I owned one to clean off the grille easier.
I think the more time consuming and annoying carnuba based wax might actually help in wiping off debris a lot easier vs the newer nanowax products. The shine on carnuba takes a lot more effort to produce and its a very time consuming process but, I think on the camaro, it will help to keep the car from getting bees wax and other annoying substances from sticking to the clearcoat. My advice is go with old school wax.
OverZeaLouS is offline   Reply With Quote