Old 06-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #1450
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
PQ:
I don't mean to act like I am a know it all here, but as I just went through a very similar upgrade on my car, I noticed something in your parts list.
With that maggie (and 3.2" pulley) with that cam, you may need to upgrade your fuel system (unless I missed something). The injectors that came with my maggie were not big enough once my cam went in (They would have been over 90% duty cycles). So, I upgraded to 65# injectors.

I also had a dual fuel hat installed when my cam went in.. I wasn't comfortable with the stock fuel pump and BAP.

You are going to be making more boost than I am (I'm at 8.5 lbs) because I have a 3.4" pulley and you are going with a 3.2"

Running out of fuel with a maggie can be disastrous. I was adamant with the shop about over doing the fuel system.
I already have 65# injectors. And we are expecting around the same boost as you have. More agressive cam. ?
At 7.5 pounds and 470 rwhp I never lost pressure at all. So upping the boost and the power, plus adding a BAP should be just fine.

And if there is a need, I'll change it. But a safe tune and dynoed in the southern heat should be test enough. Plus all of the other builds they've done. I"m not worried about it.