View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
JICPerformance
Here to make you faster

Drives: 2005 GTO supercharged 2009 GXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-HD View Post
When I had my Maggie installed by JIC Performance, he let me help. We used the stock magnuson tune. I also removed my CAI.
The stock tune still has the skip shift (m6) and torque controls so you don't get the benefit of screaming torque below 3200 rpm. However it's tough enough to hook up . I do have another tune but for now I am pleased with the stock tune. Now that said, Once I have enough miles that I'm comfortable with the trans output not snapping, I'm putting the CAI, headers and tune in it.....
With that being said, there's nothing wrong with the stock tune. The tune provided is setup to work well on virtually every car out there that is "stock". If you have non-stock modifictions other than the supercharger, the tune will usually require some adjusting. This is for both safety and to gain the maximum power potential from your individual setup.

As an example, Mark's car was having to add a lot of fuel and was showing a good bit of knock with his CAI installed. Mark swapped the factory air box back in and this seems to have curbed some of the trouble's noticed when logging.
JICPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote