View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #14
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef-beavis View Post
there IS absolutely a difference. A car or motorcycle that has never seen rain or only gotten "caught" on a few rare occasions and promptly cleaned up will undoubtedly have a nicer, cleaner undercarriage. The are a ton of fasteners and shields and other items that recieve little or no corrosion protective coatings during manufacture. Less exposure to moisture and salt = less corrosion or none. Would I look? Absolutely. Would it swing my vote vs. another car with all other variables being equal? Yes.

Think about it. If you are shopping for a classic and one is cheesy underneath and another is rock solid, which do you want? How do you think one sirvived that way vs. the other?

How much one would pay for a premium for the dry car and how many years would you have to baby it to see the pay-off? Who knows. I would flip an extra $500 easy for a clean car. Is $500 worth it to you to never drive yours in the rain???

Up to you, but there are people that look and care.
But,like I said" IF YOU TAKE CARE OF IT" the under side will look just as good.
I never put my hot rods away dirty. I've already come home very late at night and got stuck in the rain and washed my car before going to bed. I do agree with you though, if you drive it as an everyday car in snow and salt it will look pretty bad underneath. I guess It also depends on how much you drive it in these conditions. I don't drive mine in the snow because I don't have to.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote