View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 11:28 PM   #40
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireresq157 View Post
GM keeps dragging their feet , I think they believe in the old strategy of slowly improving the model year after year. They do this to keep interest and sales up. What they don't realize is that the car hasn't been around for almost 7 years, and they guys that normally upgrade every few years because on new features aren't for the most parts driving camaros anymore. Almost anyone looking into this car segment is going to want one from the beginning and this may cause waiting lists that may spill over in interest for several years. I don't see sales volumes dipping significantly till after 3 years, baring fuel prices changing drastically. Just introduce the model with the most current appeal. Don't use 10 year old technology 2 years from now and try to pass it off as innovation. There's no reason all these future features I.E. heads up, convertible would be available from the beginning. It seams to me the Volt was put on the fast track given the technological challenge witch should have added extra development time and the camaro wasn't. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining just frustrated to wait almost 4 years and maybe 5 or more for those of us that want a vert. Remember word of the concept started hitting the web around Oct of 2005. and that's after 4 to 6 months of development.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kwik View Post
Completely agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge54 View Post
Too bad HUD is a long ways off.
The scary thing is that the way the market is going,we dont know how long a V8 will be available,or how high gas prices could sore.im not trying to be doom and gloom,but..this might force me to either get one before H.U.D comes out and be pissed when it does come out.Or...look to the Vette or the G8 GXP.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote