View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 03:53 PM   #207
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
*********UPDATED*********

I am pleased to announce that Camaro5 will be hosting a meet and greet with Oshawa Camaro Assembly workers on October 2nd (Friday). It is a way for Camaro owners and Camaro5 members to say "thanks" to the brothers and sisters who spend their days putting our beloved cars together.

Here is the hotel info - ask to speak to Amanda Hannah and state you are with Camaro5:

10-19 rooms confirmed $ 115.00 CDN/room/night

Holiday Inn Oshawa Whitby Conference Centre
Phone: (905) 576-5101 ext. 6649
Fax: (905) 576-3296

www.hioshawa.ca

I will be arriving late on Thursday October 1st. All participants should arrive no later than noon on Friday October 2nd and count on staying over that night. I am currently negotiating Camaro5 exclusive parking which will include overnight security.

Final details of the 2 day activity will be posted this upcoming Tuesday but for now, I can say we will all be leaving from the hotel as a large 2010 Camaro caravan to the venue (awaiting confirmation). At the venue, finger foods will be served and a plaque presentation will be made to CAW Local 222 from Camaro5.

Following the presentation and speeches, we will all be moving to the parking lot where Camaro5 members will have the opportunity to have their cars, books, posters or whatever signed by those who built it.

After the meet and greet event has finished, Camaro5 members will then return to the hotel where we will have our own Camaro5/beer tasting/get to know each other party.

On Saturday, we will all be going to the Canadian Automotive Museum to see some of the contributions Oshawa has made to GM's growth over the many, many decades.

Finally, we will all have lunch together at a local restaurant before saying our good-byes.

This will be your opportunity to meet Super60, 80Zedder, The Mole and a few other notables here on Camaro5. We estimate we will be feeding about 200-250 plant employees as well as anyone who will be attending. Financial contributions will be greatly appreciated. Those who would like to make a financial contribution can Paypal me at HyltonJ@aol.com.

In addition, I am asking all those who are happy with their cars to spend a moment and write a letter to the plant workers expressing how this car has brought you joy and happiness. Perhaps you would like to share some stories about the car. I will be collecting all these messages and creating binders for all plant employees as a keepsake of the occasion. All financial contributors will also be identified in the the binders to be presented to plant employees. Send your letters to HyltonJ@aol.com.

I would like at the MINIMUM to have at least one car of every color attend this event. Many of the plant workers never get to see the final product (believe it or not). They certainly do not see the cars with stripes or GFX on them so I need a show of hands of Camaro5 members who are willing to attend. Please identify your cars color if you plan on bringing it.

So please post if you are attending, if you would like to make a financial contribution, if you are going to write a letter to the employees or a combination of all 3!

I know this is a weekday but I hope to see as many of you as possible come out and say thanks to the men and women who have had a hell of a year and despite all the bad news, have done an outstanding job with our cars! Hope to see as many of you as possible.

Hylton Jorssen

Cars attending:

Trent RJT SS
"prima"Donna RJT LT
Stratman SIM SS
Hylton SIM SS
tony_c SIM SS
Andrew RY SS
Duanne RY SS
Frank IOM SS
Dennis IOM SS
Tom IOM SS
mbauer IOM SS
Kenney. IOM SS
Squalo IOM SS
CanadianCamaro IOM SS
2010CAMAROJ IOM SS
CAMAROSCOTTY ??
RickRay CGM LT
jxmot CGM SS
19K3SS BLK SS
Riderover40 ABM SS
luckynuts ABM SS
Camarodriver WHT LT
RetroDude IBM SS
HINEY1 Bumblebee

Car-less attendees:

DGthe3
y2jonkurtz@@yahoo.ca
06blownSS
TJ91
Camarodriver
Moorepheus
Hylton did you ask Scott -fbodfather to show up so that the guys could meet him? That would be awesome. This is a first, I think of what your doing!!

Bye Rick
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote