View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 03:33 AM   #10
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
If the thief wants the car, they will get it. PERIOD. I, too, have seen cars drug off and onto flatbeds w/ winches. It's easy and takes a good tow driver 30 seconds. If their plan is to steal the veh and hotwire or break the column, a Revelco alarm won't be beat. I don't like two keys either. But, you know when and where two keys might be nice if you know what I mean. You don't have to use them all of the time.

I understand the comment on pager alarms. The outcome depends on the owners actions. Does the owner look outside to the restaurant parking lot to see the thief breaking into the car and does the owner see he is a w/m 25 600/185 w/ brn hair, goatee, wht shirt, blk jeans, blk shoes getting into red Honda Civic 4dr w/ license plate ABC-123 so he can inform police right away with the info and direction of flight? Or, does the owner not call and decide to run out after the supect/s to try to stop them getting shot/stabbed/assaulted in the process? Or, another one yet, what if the owner ran outside and caught the little bastard?

This all depends on the owner. I know if I had a pager alarm, I'd be out the door full speed w/ my .40 in hand ordering them on the groud before I shot their @ss. I usually carry, so a pager would do me some good.

On most of these car burglaries, no one EVER sees anything and we have nothing to work with unless we get lucky on a traffic stop and the driver has certain items that don't belong to him....like a wallet w/ anothers id or golf clubs, power tools, ripped out radios, a guy who has a purse, and the list goes on and on ( these items are usually combined). A good eye can catch certain things on these stops. It happens that we catch the burglars this way.

On a final note. If you all don't want your car to be broken into...it's easy.

BE SMART AND DON'T LEAVE ANYTHING OUT IN PLAIN VIEW!!! This INCLUDES the floor boards. Burglars look for opportunity. All it has to be is a bag. Put the stuff in the trunk. Did I say I was seriously looking forward to a trunk earlier??? A lady told me, "I thought putting my purse on the floorboard would be better than putting it on the seat." I was like, you might as well have just laid it back on the seat. They look down there too....
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote