View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 01:30 PM   #19
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Welcome Home Legend!

Last Friday (19 Feb 10) saw the San Antonio Camaro5 Club's celebration of the safe return of Deron (Legend) from Afghanistan.

The "event" happened at the TGI Friday's on I-10W and DeZavala...which has become our regular Friday meet location (thanks to the generous support of one of our own members, Justin #2 (bumblebee1029) who also happens to be an assistant general manager at the restaurant).

We had an amazing showing, due mostly to a "mass pm invitation" sent out by Ernest (C4). This was actually our best attended meet so far, including our Tower of the Americas photo shoot!

I believe we had as many as 36 fifth gen Camaros together at one time. Over the course of the evening, we had 39 Camaros attend (once TAG and JEWELZ finally showed up), including visitors from the H-Town Camaro Club in Houston and from Austin, too! Kyle, from Austin showed up with a procharger on his car. Along with a few other mods, that car puts down 607 RWHP -- incredible! All 10 original colors were represented, including 8 (count 'em!)...yes 8 Summit White cars, much to the pleasure of all of us (and the chagrin of Darrell (SummitSS) and Chris #1 (Attit2de)--LOL--just kidding!).

Justin #1 (CamaroSkooter) arranged for a great banner that we hung in the restaurant to welcome Deron home and Stefanie (Atti2dezWife) brought a rockin' cake with a picture of Deron's custom RKSport SEMA edition Camaro (which we all got to see in-person--wow, what a machine!).

Among the highlights of the evening included a few minutes where we pulled everyone into the restaurant to thank Deron, his wife Teresa, and their family for their service to our country (THANK YOU!). Chris H. from the H-Town Camaro Club presented Deron with a very cool honorary H-Town t-shirt (awesome gesture, Houston--you guys rock!). Another notable highlight...we pulled all the drivers outside to stand next to their cars with halos (or headlights for non-RS) on while Phillip (a friend of Kyle's from Austin), got up on the roof of the restaurant and took pictures of all of us parked there.

One admin note: With help from Amy (thanks!), I provided my e-mail address to those who are not yet on our roster. For those folks, just e-mail me and I'll send out the roster for you to add your info to. Then, I'll consolidate the info from everyone into a master version to send out to everyone.

All in all, very good times were had by all...and it was exciting and just a total blast to see everyone there. Using 400 HP as an average and $30K as a conservative average vehicle price, we had better than 14,400 HP on the ground at one time and over $1.15 million on that lot Friday night!

Wow...what an event! Thanks, everyone for making it a great night! If I left anything out, just chime in if you were there!

Cheers--can't wait for next week!!!

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote