View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #19
aldaran

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teccboxx View Post
I am still trouble shooting my problem, it was believed to have a bad fuel sensor, they replaced that and still didn't fix the problem. They now believe it is a programming problem as they checked all the wiring. So it is going back to the shop next monday.

(Problem) The gas gauge is all over the place, sometimes full, sometimes empty, you can drive down the road and it says helf full then it reads 3/4 full. It isn't effecting the drive or anything just an annoyance and remembering to keep the tank full.
My Silverado had/has that issue. Gage went to 3/4 when I just filled it at the gas station. It then moves around when stopped. Dealer replaced fuel level sensor twice indicating it shorted out. I don't know why, but I feel like it will happen again. My 2000 Camaro also has the same problem but ran out of warranty when it started so I started using the trip/odometer just in case its wrong. If I throw in a Fuel Injector cleaner into the tank it starts to read correct for about a month and will start again. Weird.