Thread: Betsy
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 07:33 PM   #1
justjoshin

Drives: 2010 SW 1SS L99 Camaro
Betsy

update 1-31-16

First of all the name Besty is what my grandfather called his 1956 Belair wagon that he drove from 1956 til 1985, and now I have passed it on to my Camaro. I grew up following my uncle around to the drag races and watching him build cars in his shop. He was a Mopar guy but I was always drawn to the GM cars at the track. My first short lived GM car was a 1977 Firebird Formula that I got rid of while going through my youth because I thought I wanted a Jeep. That didn't last very long either. Life sort of got in the way for several years and I drove a truck but always hoped to get another performance car one day. In 2002 when I found out they were going to stop making the Camaro I thought I would have to settle on a Mustang when the time would come. Like a lot of you guys I was extremely excited when the news broke of the 5th Gen and I told my wife at the time, ex now, that when they would come out I was getting one. I am one of those people that always thinks you should not buy a new released vehicle and wait till it is tried and tested. So i waited until October of 2011 to start really looking for a car to purchase. I wanted a white 1SS L99 because I wanted to keep the cost down and I have never been one for all the bells and whistles anyway. The only 1SS L99 I could find at the time close was an orange car located a couple towns over. Long story short, a friend of a friend told me about a owner of a dealership that is also a car collector that had exactly what I was looking for and wanted to sell it. So I called him to get the info, rented a car a drove 3 hours to meet him, and ended up buying it. He had all 5 generation Camaros in 1 of his 2 warehouses and he was only selling this one because he had ordered a ZL1. he said he had no use for 2 5th Gens so this one had to go. I saved around $7,000 off of the price of a new one on the lot. So now to the pictures and mods:

Appearance Mods:
MPD1 Z FORCE HOOD
Emblem Pros (1/SS) fender badges
GM Heritage Grill
SLP Candy blue bowties
SLP mailslot delete
Spoiler 5 by Carbon by Design
SLP style splitter
GM ZL1 side rockers
GM ZL1 rear diffuser
Factory Reproductions Style 41 20x9 & 20x10 Silver Machined Wheels
Lens tint from Big Worm
Anzo flat black tail light bezels

Interior:
Drake shifter
PDIM upgrade
Bluetooth onstar receiver
Blue footwell lighting
Diode Dynamic cup holder accents
Proclips phone cradle
Weathertech mats with Diode dynamic Camaro badges
hydro dipped dash inserts in silver carbon fiber
OEM 4 pack gauge cluster

Performance Mods:
CAI brand intake
Stainless Power LT headers & hi flow cats
Magnaflow mufflers with quad tips
Dyno tune from Lethal Racin
Hotchkis springs
1LE performance suspension upgrade
Attached Images

Last edited by justjoshin; 01-31-2016 at 08:35 PM.
justjoshin is offline   Reply With Quote