View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 09:54 AM   #1
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Canadian turbo lover

Hey everyone, long time reader and now a new member, great to be here. From a small town in ontario and have always been a car enthusiast, i blame my father He had a monster '76 camaro built in the early 90's (10.90's at 125mph, full weight, not narrowed, not tubbed, leaf springs and 'street legal' tires) We used to frequent Luxville dragway in Quebec (probably spelled wrong) back in the day.

I've been dying for a car like this since i got my licence, now at 32, with my fiance and myself with decent paying jobs it seemed like the time was ripe to get my first 'real' car. I won't lie, the scion frs was at the top of our list since it first appeared on the scene, was in love with the styling and the light weight of the platform... Then when i was signing for our colorado diesel my sales man showed me some youtube clips of a young man drifting the new camaro with the LTG. The rest is history, after some research i knew i had to have it.... That this was no doubt the car for me... And so much more than what you got with the frs (really no comparison IMO)

The fiance and myself have been looking into some seat time at our 'local' track and keeping that in mind we built and ordered this Camaro: 1LT 2.0t RS... Options include: Brake and cooling package, tech package, front facia extention, blade spolier, splash gaurds and the black bowties (car is mosiac black)... Other than that its pretty basic (as far as these camaros go anyways) We had ordered a 2016, but due to production restraints our order was pushed to a 2017 model year (our dealership let us pay the 2016 invoice price )

Have done a few things to her so far (have owned it for about 6 weeks now); give me a little patience and I'll get some decent pics up this weekend! (I travel for work) My hope is to develop this car into a light weight cornering machine as the fiance's and my own driving skills progress... Once i get heavy into the build my plan is to start a tread in the build section (some time off at this point)

Please feel free to coment and question away!
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote