View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #11
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
A few notes from the BWW meeting.

First off, huge thanks for everyone who attended and provided feedback and suggestions.

Main points (details to be provided after a test drive on 3/11) -
- The route will be changing to avoid shared one lane roads.
- New proposed route has the same starting point, however taking Del Puerto Canyon Rd to I-5 to Corral Hollow Rd into Livermore.
- The San Jose side of Mt Hamilton is a tight rd that can just suck at times. As a result we are strongly advising that everyone go the posted speedlimit. Trust me you won't want to sprint this side. After the top you have excellent distance visibility and the fun starts.
- This is a 2.5-3 hr cruise, so there are two points that we recommend as rest points. One is at the top of Mt Hamilton at the observatory. The second is a place called The Junction, located where we turn right to go onto Del Puerto Canyon Rd. I will find a third rest point when I do the test drive.

I will be posting detailed maps, and the official starting and ending locations in a few days. I'm headed up to Tahoe before the storm tonight and will have some time to chew at this as I'm recovering from falling on my rear 1000x snowboarding...
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote