View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 06:45 PM   #6
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Can a Superchagered Z28 have a lupey CAM, and sound like a NA heads and cammed LS3?

I heard a LS3 with a lopey cam and it sounded awesome!
Can the Supercharged Z28/LSA have a lupey cam also?
basic question.... can a supercharged motor sound like a N/A motor....

yes and no. it can be made to sound the same, but why would you want that. you can have a supercharged motor with a lopey cam, but making it sound the same will be an entirely different story.

as for lopey cams...

**Lobe Separation Angle**(LSA)

The LSA of the car is the difference, in degrees, between the point of maximum lift on the intake lobe and the point of maximum lift on the exhaust lobe. This number can vary greatly, and it again depends on your goals for the car. Most cams come with an LSA anywhere in the range of 104-115. If you are simply looking for a cam based on the sound it produces, this is what you want to look at. A lower LSA, such as a 108, will produce a much choppier and aggressive grind then say a 114 LSA. However, there are many other factors that the LSA will effect when it comes to engine performance. A low LSA will result in more torque in the engine, but the torque curve will be wore peaky and not as flat/ stable as a higher LSA cam. This means that you will be making more torque at a certain RPM with the lower LSA, but it will fall off quickly. A higher LSA will produce a lower peak torque number, but you will be making good torque throughout the power curve, which is why even though a low LSA may sound good in a car, it is not ideal for a street driven car.

It is also important to note that numerically lower lsa is better for n/a power, and tighter numerically higher lsa is better for forced induction like nitrous or turbos since it will have less reversion and not bleed boost.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote