View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 12:31 PM   #12
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
The best way that I can describe, in words, how the LS7 wheels make a difference is that they make the hips look like they have a purpose.

If you stand at the front of a production Camaro, the front and the back wheels are the same width. On the LS7, the back wheels flare out slightly and makes the hips look like they are needed for the wider tires.

Since there are not that many pictures of the LS7 to show what I mean, please allow me to use the 69 Camaro as an example -- It also has hips.

This is a stock 69 Camaro. It has hips but they seem to have no purpose for those rear wheels -- the front and rear wheels are pretty much the same width:

Now, a 69 Camaro with wider rear tires. The hips look necessary to accommodate those wheels and tires. Much more agressive:

Now, I know that they rear wheels on the 2010 Camaro are slightly wider than the front tires but the additional width is pushed to the inside. I believe the 305's are as wide as this body can handle and the slight flare to the outside REALLY makes the whole package better. When I was lurking around the Dallas auto show Camaro's (for hours) there were many people who were looking at the Camaro for the first time and commented on how the LS7 looked "more tough" than the production due to the wheels. These are people that had no idea about what was under the hood either.
FirstLSK is offline   Reply With Quote