View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
Rocky918

Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
Z28 release April 2012?

So I was reading this months Car and Driver magazine under '25 cars worth waiting for' ... then I read the ZL1 part which said to expect a release on Feb 2012 as the "horse power edition" ... it went on to say that GM will be matching fords every move and to expect a "track and performance pack edition" for April 2012 likely to be later named as the Z28 to match the Mustang Boss... and the performance pack edition will likely feature mostly improved handling and suspension

anyone else have information on this? My thinking is this, why get the ZL1 to to match the GT 500 when the 'Z28' is probably just around the corner. If GM matches fords mustang boss in its Z28, than the Z28 would have to have a 1/4 mile of at least 12.3 second and 0-60 in 4 seconds flat...

the ZL1 however, would likely be faster than that by what? ... 0.3 seconds in the 1/4 and maybe .2 seconds faster on the 0-60? ... Are these small time improvements on the ZL1 really worth having compromised suspension/handling compared to the Z28?

here is a very similar article to the one I read in the magazine:
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...l1_z28-feature