View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 05:45 AM   #5
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Yep - time for a new top!

Pic 1 - had the same thing on mine, but it was just to the passenger side of the center line of the roof. the passenger side was the only side touching the well area when the top was down. that 45 degree pattern is wierd, but I had the same thing.

Pic 2 - Looks like more rubbing aganist the well.
Pic 3 - Classic "V" rub marks - these were the 1st to start showing on the verts. Caused from the frame pinching it too tightly when the top is down. Mine never got the hole in either side though.

I just had my 3rd top put on. It was the dealer's 1st time - they tried to say the hole in the top was from road debris. then I showed them where it was touching the well area when the top was down. Their response was "Oh, well it must be rubbing when the top goes up & down then".

I told them "It's probably getting more damage when it flaps in the wind & hits the well area repeatedly. IDIOTS! to make it worse, they put the headliner straps on the frame incorrectly and put on my receipt that I had to "Manually adjust the straps when raising & lowering the top in order to keep straps from getting pinched".

Needless to say, I found another dealer who had a reputable top shop fix the strap routing.

My point is, ask if the dealer has ever dealt with this issue; if not, find one who has. It will save you headaches in the end....

Last edited by classicrockr; 04-16-2013 at 06:54 AM.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote