View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 01:41 PM   #23
Flynbyu

Drives: 2008 Corvette/2001 Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovestanda View Post
love to see a Challenger/Charger price drop to put them more in line with Camaro models.
The Challenger is priced pretty well for what you get.

The V6 starts at $22,945. It's similar in Mustang pricing with a better warranty. The basic R/T you can own for under $30. The SRT-8 for roughly $10K more, but in my opinion you would be better off with the R/T for the cost difference, plus no gas guzzler tax like on the SRT-8. Dodge's warranty is pretty awesome if you like to keep your car for a long period of time, plus you can upgrade it and do a bumper to bumper LIFETIME.

I still think the Camaro is king of the pony cars now. Ford will take the market share with the Mustang due to the fact they build 140,000 a year. The Mustang will take a few Camaro buyers out of the market due to availability and cost. Mustang buyers miss the boat on performance, but that's nothing new since they last made the Cobra with IRS. The 2010 Mustang is just a slightly revised version of the 2009 model. I would have liked to see them revert back to IRS like on the old Cobra and boost the horsepower, but that's not in the cards unless you want to drop $50K on a GT500 that will sit and spin at green lights. If I couldn't get a Camaro, and had to have a car, I'd choose the Challenger over the Mustang even though the Mustang is a little quicker.

Camaro will be the exclusive car to own of the three (Challenger, Mustang Camaro). It takes the cake in performance, and style in my opinion. I really like what GM has done with the car.

~Brian
Flynbyu is offline   Reply With Quote