View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 07:25 PM   #7
rdrfronty

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE CRUSH
To me the most important things I have installed and recommend -
1-skip shift eliminator
2-Hill assist delete
You have already mentioned both of these. I did #1 the first weekend after hitting the stupid thing twice. #2 I haven't done yet, but from my experience, I do recommend for anybody in hilly areas. It's activated a few times on me and it wasn't a big deal, but I would still prefer it gone.
3-Catch Can
This one is a no brainer for any auto enthusiast.
4-Ported Throttle body
Not much performance gains, but I noticed obvious improvements in throttle response.
5-CAI
6-LT Headers or at minimum Solo or hiflow cats
These are the more difficult choices for those in your position with a strong concern about your warranty. I too worried about it, but did LT's and hifhows at 2000 miles and LOVE them. Because I live in an emission tested area, I also got dyno tuned. It might bite me in the arse down the road, but I'm crossing my fingers it won't. Right now the sound and performance gains make think it was an awesome choice of mods. I do feel that if you could get by with a possible check engine light, leaving the tune for ways down the road wouldnt be a terrible thing. Would help retain more of your warranty and not a real big loss. The gains were VERY noticeable before my tune and you still gain the beautiful sound. And yes, even as sweet as NPP sounds, the LT's will make it even sweeter.
7-Mild to Wild switch or self made switch. The cool ability to open and close the baffles come even more of a benefit with hifhows or test pipes. These beasts can get pretty loud and at times have droan. I leave my baffles open 95% of the time for the beautiful sound, but on a long cruise or sometimes with passengers of the female persuasion, the closed position comes in handy.
My car is still pretty new being at about 3 months and 2600 miles old. But the list above I'm a pretty strong believer in. Still a few more I'm looking at too for down the road. A spare set of wheels and a/s tires & a nice cam are likely in the future for me.
rdrfronty is offline   Reply With Quote