View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #10
2010LS

Drives: 2010 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF2010SSMANUAL View Post
Has anybody purchased pre-cut window tint kits on ebay? I have tinted windows in the far past, and the hardest part is the rear window and side windows with frames. BUT the 2010 Camaro should be very easy to tint on the side windows due to no frames and the little side windows have a black border. I am highly considering doing the sides myself, but not sure about which Pre-cut kit to buy on ebay. There are SO MANY that claim they are the best??? The rear window is another whole ball of wax. I don't know If I want to try tinting that one. These kits are about $30 for all the windows.

Jeff, I did mine myself, no previous tinting experience. I puchased the precut tints, and I only did the 4 side windows, as I have a rear window louver. They turned out great. I used a squeege that came with some headlight blackouts, and it may have been a little hard as I have a few satiny scratches, but besides that it looks like a pro job, no bubbles, no creases. Again, this was my first time so I am far from an expert, but the key for me seemed like keeping plenty of solution on the subject, and taking my time. The gaskets didn't seem like a big issue, I just wet them down right good before I started, used the squeege to pull them back and get some solution down in there. The hardest part by far was the front corner, behind the tweeter. I figured, I'd give it a shot and if I failed I'm out 20 bucks, and just get them done professionally. Turned out to be a fun project, and no money wasted.
2010LS is offline   Reply With Quote