View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 11:44 AM   #12
ssdavidw
Camaro OCD

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS, RS, RJT
When I bought my 2005 Avalanche, I had two trucks on my short list. One dealership tried to give me 5.9% through GMAC and the other offered me 0% through GMAC.

I borrowed 32k and the 0% made the sale a no-brainer for me and really helped out on the payments.

With the market the way it is, I really don't care about the APR rate I'm offered on the Camaro. It doesn't look like I'll be borrowing more than 15k and, if all goes well, I should have it paid off way early.

I believe GM should be offering 0% on all of the trucks, vans and SUV's, but on the cars some cash back might be the better way to go.

For the trucks and SUV's you're going to have people that either want one, or someone that needs one. I would assume most people buying one now actually needs one either for people moving, hauling materials or towing... or some combination of those. Any APR on the price of these things hurts.

If a family is tight purchasing a 20k vehicle, for example, their credit may not qualify them for 0%. $1000 or $1500 cash right off the top might be more helpful for them.

If someone is purchasing a Corvette or the $40k+ Cadillacs, then they should be well enough off that they don't need any special deals.

It's a complicated issue, but hopefully the people that are smarter than me that are in a position to make the decisions will be able to do the right thing.

2010 Camaro - Red Jewel Tintcoat, 2SS, RS, Auto, Black Interior, Cyber Gray Rally Stripes
ssdavidw is offline   Reply With Quote