Thread: Who Is Buying?
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 07:22 PM   #42
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrngCrush View Post
I agree with davidcroft, the Z28 is way outside the reach of most of us that love Camaros. While I can appreciate the 427 and the design costs, I think GM lost it's way here and should have made a Z28 earlier that was a lighter SS track car. The first and second gen Z28 was within reach for the average person. Second generation Z28's were slowly watered down, but still an affordable top dog Camaro in it's day. Even third and fourth gen Camaros were priced to be within an average person's budget. In my opinion a 50K to 60K Camaro in this economy is evidence of how out of touch GM has become. A 50K+ Corvette sure I get it, Camaro was always the lower priced little brother. No surprise I'm option 4...........
I hear what you're saying about the Z/28 pricing but every car is going up in cost. Like a dollar bill isn't worth as much as it was in the past. nowadays the Corvette people pick the camaro and camaro people pick the corvette. So, the camaro being little brother isn't the case anymore to most ppl like it was back then. That's why the Zl1's are still selling even with the new Corvette being way less. People debate now about if they should buy a camaro or a Corvette.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote