View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 03:31 PM   #2
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Those look great Gunner... just like mine. I just finished RE-installing my front Husky guards. As we discussed, the front ones stick out too far using the factory drilled holes (See below). Didn't like that look at all.

Name:  orig-left1.jpg
Views: 1077
Size:  95.1 KB

So I took them off and drilled new holes 9/16" towards the outer edge of the guard (See below). Holes are hard to see because I used a much smaller drill bit, but they're there). Then I got some black painted sheet metal screws to replace the two washered screws that came with the guards (couldn't get the washers off), for the screws that go in the metal fender itself. Reused the lower two torque-heads that go into the plastic inner fender.

Name:  left guard new holes.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  93.9 KB

And... Ta Daaaaa! I think they look MUCH better and plan to keep them.

Name:  redone-left1.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  84.2 KB

It took me about 20 minutes to do each side. I measured and drilled carefully. Have you tackled yours yet?
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote