View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 08:37 AM   #6
Dark_Horse

Drives: Black 2015 2LS, Teal 1991 RS
Have you done a lot of research on the process to tune these cars? I only ask that because tuning is almost like an art form and can sometimes involve you to get VERY familiar with how your car runs and performs. I highly suggest looking at the IPF tune and HP Tuner software. They are both great setups and, from what I understand, they are much better for these cars.

Also look into what it would take to give yourself a true manual and sport mode. I do believe Gretchen on here is the one that brought that ability to us. The 2LS stock does have a "manual mode" but the computer actually controls the shifts and you're basically just setting the highest gear it can shift to. I started my tuning with an aftermarket ECM in my 1991 RS and have really enjoyed the process but it is a steep learning curve.

Just do as much research as possible before doing too much and do keep in mind that most tunes will cause issues with things being covered under warranty at your dealer if your car is still under warranty. They can deny a claim by stating that the tune has affected the way they intended for the drivetrain to opperate and put it under increased stress that caused the failure. Then it will be up to you to prove them wrong.
Dark_Horse is offline   Reply With Quote