View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 11:17 AM   #7
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
How is an chinese made part automatically less safe then an american made one? Don't fool your self thinking that all American manufactures put safety before cost savings. Unless you have cut sheets, testing data, and any other prudent information to compare both products with, please share them.

In my opinion the equipment is only as safe as the user. Here is another option I found this morning by Craftsman http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184487
I don't have any of that ,but I have over 25 years of experience in a very mechanical field ,and time after time I've come across more cheaply made chinese tools and parts than I ever did with american made ones. I agree that not a American made things are top quality ,but my experience has shown me over the years that most of the time if I have a choice between american or chinese made ,I have a better chance with the american tool or part. Besides it's proven day after day after day that the chinese cut corners, quality ,and safety to push their crap. Enjoy your chinese made floor jack. I'll stick with what I know. Oh and I'm not just talking about american either. There are a lot of counties that build some very well made things. I just don't believe that China is one of them.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote