View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 12:08 AM   #13
SS Drifter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Oh wow, I feel a bit overwhemed with responses Mr Draco was pretty close on what I need, a factory alarm plus a couple of features. Unfortunately, the dealer wanted another $500 for the factory alarm and I told them they could keep it.

Strauchpete, I'm happy to hear that you make proper connections. I don't doubt that you know your stuff. If I was confident that most shops did not use t-taps I'd go for a bike ride while someone installs the alarm for me. Truth is I'm been burned time and time again by people working on my stuff and doing crappy work. At least if I do my own work I know what to expect. If I'm not sure what I'm doing then I'll educate myself before proceeding.

So I didn't post to butt heads but, rather just to learn whats out there. The online descriptions of alarms systems are weak, mostly sales pitch stuff. That new Viper bus based system sounds interesting and it may very well be worth waiting for. I'll keep an eye out for it. Hopefully they will make an adapter jack so you can just plug into the buss with no splicing Thanks for that tip!

On that note, I think I have the information that I need for now. Thanks.
SS Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote