View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 08:13 PM   #1
Z71456

Drives: Camaro
Burnouts at the Drag Strip in a M6?

Hey Guys,

I've never taken my car to the drag strip and I'm thinking about doing it really soon. Just wondering how you guys heat the tires after going through the water line? Do you just rev up and dump the clutch to spin the tires a bit or do you use the brakes as well? I tried doing a brake stand before and I ended up burning the clutch more than the tires. I don't have problems lighting the tires up by any means, but just wondering what etiquette and common practice in a manual is at the drags. I've done some searches on here and couldn't find anything particularly pertaining to the burnouts on a M6 so excuse me if I'm beating a dead horse or if the questions seem stupid. Just never been to the drags before and would like to and not look like a total fool my first few runs. hahahahaha.

thanks,
Chris
Magnacharger TVS2300 / Roto-Fab CAI / ACT Twin-disc clutch + flywheel / Livernois Motorsports Duel Fuel Pump / Modified stock engine cover / ARH 1-7/8 Long Tube Headers + High Flow cats / Magnaflow 3" Cat-back / Eibach Springs / Pfadt Sway Bars / Stillen slotted/drilled rotors, hard lines and Hawk pads / Barton Short-Shifter / CBD Spoiler / GM Heritage Grill / Forgestar F14 20x11/20x9 Matte Black / Nitto NT05 Tires 565WHP/570TQ
Z71456 is offline   Reply With Quote