View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 02:38 AM   #15
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I had an '11 LS3 SS with the BMR adjustable sways. I started out with the middle setting. There was a little understeer, but it was easy to use a little power to overcome this. Had a track day with it like that and the Camaro represented well.

Later I went to the max setting and the car was dead neutral. But it was a little too easy to go into oversteer, so you had to be very careful. Maybe not snap, but it did make the adrenaline flow a few times. Later I was told that when you use the rear bar to overcome staggered tires, this is the effect you will see.

So I would start with the middle setting and get used to that first. It is easy to bump it up later if you want to try it.
I have a 2010 SS with 10" 275/40 & 11.5" 315/35 Nitto nt05. My front solid 27mm on soft and rear 32mm(1-1/4") hollow z-spec on hard still bias towards understeer. Can't overdrive it to oversteer without excessive throttle. Depends on what suspension wheel setup people are using and their expectations.

Race camber set to -2.4 fr & -0.8 rr. Will try with 0.0 rr camber next. Can't go squared with r comps for awhile.

OP. Staggered has a great look and more rear traction, but not so good for technical autox venues. Chose your wheels appropriately before your suspension upgrades. Especially if your getting custom wheel$$$.
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote