View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 10:02 AM   #9
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
You don't have to do any splicing. You could find the part number for the male and female ends of the OEM plugs and create a "harness" of sorts.
Good idea.

I tried the conversion, dual-intensity circuit, on a normal side marker, and the running light barely comes on. When you use the turn signal the light gets much brighter, but the running light is basically off, which I would think might get you a ticket in some states. I would have to think, IMO that the dual-intensity circuit was made specifically for the LED side markers and not the incandescent bulbs.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote