View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 01:09 AM   #25
not
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by He11bent View Post
I used 303 on my old top but two weeks ago I used the BMW convertible fabric protectorant on my new lid and I am very impressed. My boss had a 'vert BMW and he is very OCD about his cars. We discussed what he uses and that I had bought 303.

I think the application is much more robust so it protects better. First you take the entire bottle and dump it in 2.5 liters of water, park the car in the shade, make sure the top is clean and use a sponge to saturate the fabric. I kept doing this until all of the solution was gone. Then park in it the sun and let it dry. That was it.

Never got water to bead like this with spraying 303 on the cloth. Heck, it didnt bead up much when it was new! BTW my new top was 1 year old in August.
Yeah, the first time I applied the 303 I did it straight spray from the bottle, as the bottle came with a spray applicator........it worked fine but quite a bit of overspray on the body and windows.

So this time, last time, I used a sponge and it is as good as before, minus the overspray, but you do tend to use more with a sponge, at least I did.

Lastly, are you guys on the metric system in GA? How much is 2.5L ?
not is offline   Reply With Quote