View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 09:47 AM   #9
Dave Coyle

Drives: 2010 SS , 1970 Z-28, 2002 Avalanche
Scott I know your pain!!! My second daughter was the same way and to make it worse, when she was 15 she would ask to stay at a friends house whose mother was a teacher at our school. I would call to make sure the parents would be home and they would say yes so off she would go. I didn't find out until almost 2 years later that this friends mom and dad were supplying booze and pot for all the kids (they through teenage partys EVERY weekend). Any way, she was grounded alot and I always tried to explain why it was wrong to be doing this and I always thought it was in vain but once she graduated she decided that she was moving out because she no longer wanted to live by our rules. I helped her move into her new home and 3 months later she told her younger brother, "What ever you do, stay at home as long as you can and follow mom and dad's rules, this really sucks having to pay for everything, I don't have any money left over to do any thing like I did at home!" With in 6 months after moving out she told us how sorry she was for all those years of putting us through all that and that she finally gets what I had been telling her. That was over 10 years ago and she has a 5 year old son and a daughter on the way due in December and we get along GREAT!!!! Keep doing what you are and give her love too, she may not seem like it but she really does like you to show her love even though you feel like you are at each others throats all the time. Get her through school and then make her get out into the "real world" where she has to provide for herself!!!! She will wake up fast!!! Oh, I always made my 3 kids have a job @ 16 years old and two of them actually had a job at 15 and my son did a lawn mowing service with his friend at 13 and continued that through 16 when he got a "real" job as he stated it. Keep your chin up, it will work out in the end when she is grown up.
Kooks 1 7/8 LT Headers/Hi-Flo Cats/Corsa Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI / Port Intake
Precission 2400/2800 Converter/3.73 AAM gears
Livernois Motorsports Tune

Best time: 11.97 @ 117 MPH
Dave Coyle is offline   Reply With Quote