View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #9
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCamaro644 View Post
hey guys, i know this subject has been discussed a million times, i have been searching for a while but just havent been able to find an answer so please dont flame me too hard. i just installed a set of pfadt lowering springs on my 2ss. there is the usual gap on top of the strut tower and also popping noises when i turn the steering wheel. i also hear clunking noise almost like there is strut travel in the front when going over bumps. its driving me crazy.

okay, the bushings have not been indexed yet nor an alignment done. does this problem sound like something the alignment and bushing index will fix or do i need to take it back apart and adjust anything before i take it in? thanks for all the help.
Obviously you haven't researched anything. If you had, you'd know that the gap on top of the strut is NORMAL. It's even there in stock form. As for the popping, some have had issues and i've seen where most of the manufacturers have had this. In most cases it was a bad install but others haven't found the solution. Mine did it as well but it was the lower perch rubbing on the one of the coils. I used a pair of channel locks and ever so slightly bent out the perch in the area that it was rubbing and the noise is now gone. You can look at the lower coils and see if they are rubbing. There will be a small area where you can see the powder coating scratched.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.