View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 09:19 AM   #9
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
No matter what you do, there's always somebody who has "lots of stories" and I've learned over the years that in most cases they tend to be just that... stories. I have the Pedder's Xa coilovers and bushings and the car's performance is taut, snug, quiet and handles like a dream. I drove it that way for about a year before I added Pfadt sways and rear trailing arms. It's a great combo. Both companies are top notch and I cannot imagine Pedders not backing up their products; if there were "a bunch of failures" like these "stories" suggest you'd hear about it everywhere and I've personally never heard that ANYwhere. From my personal experience and anybody I've ever talked to who actually owns and uses Pedders, I've heard nothing but praise. Even people who might have initially had problems due to installation or whatever, they've found Pedders to be great to work with and they've been able to sort things out.

I've not had any issues with either Pedders or Pfadt. I just had Pfadt engine mounts installed so my car is a genuine mix of both companies and they're both great. Pedders is aimed at street performance that can also be used on track, while Pfadt is aimed at race performance that can also be used on the street. Race performance has the highest level of requirements so Pfadt's stuff is engineered to that level and is priced accordingly.

You'll have to decide what type of driving you're going to do the most and perhaps that can help you decide which products to choose. I'm planning on doing more track events but mostly my car is driven on the street so I chose Pedders for coilovers and bushings for the ride, but Pfadt for sways, trailing arms and engine mounts (just added Bassani LT headers and cats so I wanted the increased power kept under control) for track conditions. I know Pedders makes sways that would be good for both but I have this thing about reducing weight on the car so I chose Pfadt because their sways are lighter.

I've never used BMR or Eibach so I can't say anything about them. I have had experience with lowering springs before and for me they mess up the ride just a little bit too much. The dropped look is great but I'm too old to put up with those kinds of ride compromises. The Pedders coilovers (and I'm sure Pfadt would do the same) are a vastly superior way of lowering the car while maintaining ride quality. Well worth it to me. And in fact you have 30 positions of adjustments PER CORNER so you can dial in the exact ride and weight balance you want; you can even change it for track and then go back afterwards to your street settings. You cannot do that with springs.

Just my 2 cents.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote